Cynthia Hunter Photography, advertising and editorial clients, published
work, 1990 to present: Federal Emergency Management Agency appointment,
Featherlite Trailers, Anheuser Busch, Purina Mills, Wrangler, Bridgestone/Firestone,
CBS News, MSNBC, Newsweek, Men’s Journal, Travel & Leisure,
Outside Magazine, Sunset Magazine, USA Today, New York Times, Los
Angeles Times, Washington Post, Agence France-Presse, Associated
Press, Reuters. Published in Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Americas.
• Purina Mills, Inc.,
advertising campaign photographer, 2000-2001. Photographed advertising
campaign for equine products and developed company archive.
• Steamboat Ski &
Resort Corporation, chief photographer, Steamboat Springs, CO, 1994-2000.
• Responsible for photographing advertising campaigns, news
coverage, stock and editorial imagery, including world cups and
celebrity portraits of international and U.S. Olympians including
Johnny Moseley, Billy Kidd, Nelson Carmichael, and Lance Armstrong.
Regular contributor to The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News.
• Idaho Gubernatorial candidate
Larry Echohawk, campaign photographer, Boise, ID, 1994. Documented
candidate’s race to become the first Native American
• Sunset Magazine,
editor, travel department, Los Angeles, CA and Seattle, WA,
1988-1992. Developed and directed travel feature stories for
Sunset’s Southern California and Pacific Northwest bureaus
including Mexico and Western Canada. Wrote monthly travel
pieces and art directed photo shoots.
• The Orange
County Register, features writer, Santa Ana, CA, 1987. Wrote
feature articles for large Southern California daily newspaper.
Assignments included writing on tour with Madonna.
• CNN, assignment
desk, Los Angeles, CA, 1986. Worked on video shoots and assignment
• The Ontario Daily Report,
Ontario, CA, 1985-1986. Wrote feature stories including stories in Mexico.
• The Boston Herald and Asahi
Evening News, foreign correspondent, Osaka, Japan, 1984-1985. Wrote international
business stories for both newspapers.
• Columbia University, Masters of Science, Journalism, New York,
• Trinity College, Bachelors degree, Economics, Hartford, CT, 1984.
• Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, economics, 1982.
• London School of Economics faculty program, London, England, 1982.
• Colorado Mountain College, A.A. photography, Carbondale, CO, 2002.
• Associated Press feature writing award
• Society of American Travel Writers photographic awards
• Member: ASMP, SATW, and Phi Theta Kappa Society, scholastic honor
• Specialties: Location, environmental portraiture, and equine photography.
Photographed The Kentucky Derby 1997 to present for Agence France-Presse
and for the Budweiser Clydesdales calendar.